Top UK Fintech People Moves You Might Have Missed in Summer 2019
Things move quickly in the business of human capital and it can be hard to keep up. That’s why Talent Ticker’s innovative AI-enabled recruitment software and team of dedicated researchers keep track of what everybody within the financial services is doing, providing the latest market intelligence and letting you know when the decision-makers need your expertise.
As the summer draws to a close, we’ve rounded-up some of the biggest market movers on the UK fintech scene from the last couple of months, just in case you missed anything.
Our top 10 people moves you should know about:
- Digital payments company Moorwand telegraphed their desire to keep on growing their customer base with the appointment of a new Chief Commercial Officer. Luc Gueriane has spent six years working with fintech organisations, most recently as Head of Business Development for Cornercard UK. Now, he’ll Spearhead Moorwands growth strategy, seeking to establish more partnerships for the firm.
- Tandem Bank are focussing on growing their AI capabilities, having hired Noam Zeigerson, a veteran of the industry with 18 years of experience, as their Chief Data Officer. They’ve certainly got the space to keep on building-out their data team, having recently moved to a 16,000 sq ft office in Russell Square, London. They plan on doubling their staff over the next two years so keep an eye on this one.
- Personal finance management solution firm, Meniga, named Arpit Kaushik as their Chief Operating Officer. He now has responsibility for engineering, professional services, infrastructure services, global sales, and operations. This summer was a successful one for the firm as they expanded internationally, opening offices in Barcelona and Singapore.
- B-North have signalled their big ambitions, appointing founding Chairman of the British Business Bank, Ron Emerson, as the head of their board. Emerson will bring his wealth of experience, acquired from working as a Senior Advisor to the Bank of England, as well as holding senior roles at Standard Chartered Bank, Nomura, and Bank of America, to the firm. Perhaps Emerson will help them with their plans to open business-only bank branches throughout England; either way, we’re expecting more hiring to follow.
- It seems like Revolut never stop hiring. Well, as mentioned in our Company Wars article, they are planning on taking over the world, and for that, you need man power. In August they added three Executives to the team; Wolfgang Bardorf joins as Treasurer; Martin Gilbert as Chairman; and Michael Sherwood as a Non-Executive Director. They’ve also just announced the appointment of Joe Heneghan as Chief Administrative Officer, and, if we know Revolut, more hiring is expected to follow.
- It’s got to be a pretty strong indication that a company plans to hire when they appoint a Head of Talent Acquisition. Refinitiv hired Glen Wilson as theirs, having previously worked with him while he served as Interim Director of Talent Acquisition at Talent Acquisition Solutions Ltd.
- A double appointment for fintech funding provider, Lendable, with Hani Ibrahim joining as Chief Investment Officer and Des Denning as Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer. They join from Brookland Partners and Alquity Investment Management, respectively.
- 11:FS are also focussing on recruitment, having recently hired Michael Curds as their Head of Talent. Curds’ CV boasts some familiar names, including Tesco and Apple, while he most recently worked at BCG Digital Ventures. He’ll be helping the firm build-out their consulting, media, and research teams.
- In August, Cardiff-based investment fintech Wealthify strengthened their team with the addition of Lee Gainer as Chief Financial Officer. Gainer spent nine years at Admiral and did a three month stint at GLG Finance before jumping ship to Wealthify. Guess they had a better offer, wonder if it had anything to do with ambitious growth plans?
- This summer’s been a significant one for Wrisk, as they named Nimeshh Patel their new CEO. Patel joined the business in 2018 as Chief Operations Officer; he succeeds Co-Founder and former CEO Niall Barton, who moves into the position of Executive Chairman. Hiring is expected to follow as he leads the company into a new period of growth.
Login to Talent Ticker and get access to the email addresses, contact numbers, plus LinkedIn profiles of market movers, to take some of the hassle out of your business development process. Use Talent Ticker’s inbuilt business development and lead management system to help organise your actionable news.
And these are just the tip of the iceberg. To make sure you never miss a people move, go to https://www.talentticker.ai where you can set-up saved searches and receive alerts for leads in your verticals.