Cloud Operations Engineer
Do you want to work at the next Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, Microsoft?
Talent Ticker is an AI technology focused startup, based in Cardiff with offices in London & New York and we are building out our engineering team.
We are building a cutting-edge AI SaaS product that will be a leading tool to be used within global human capital where the brand will be synonymous with names such as LinkedIn, Amazon, Apple, Indeed and Facebook.
Having attained large scale funding from very high-profile investors, our client is looking to bring on board an experienced Cloud Operations Engineer. This is an integral position where you will be responsible for the design, deployment and integration of cutting edge, cloud-focused solutions.
You will be accountable for the efficient and rapid delivery of cloud-infrastructure and delivery pipelines to the software engineers, ensuring modern technologies and practices are tested and implemented where appropriate.
- Ownership of the cloud infrastructure, ensuring the highest levels of availability, security and performance for customers and internal teams
- Day to day administration of the continuous delivery and continuous integration pipelines e.g. GitHub, CircleCI/Jenkins, AWS CodeDeploy, Docker, Terraform.
- Definition and implementation of new tools and services to support software engineering teams CD/CI efforts
- Troubleshoot complex infrastructure issues alongside development teams and proactively put in place changes to address
- Hands-on experience building and maintaining AWS or other cloud services infrastructure is essential
- Automated deployment tools such as CloudFormation, Terraform, Serverless, or Ansible essential
- Experience with AWS infrastructure services e.g. VPCs, Subnets, Security Groups, Elastic IPs, Route53, ECS/Fargate, S3, CloudFront
- Automated integration tools such as CircleCI, Jenkins as well as familiarity with integration testing frameworks
- Experience with containerisation technologies e.g. Docker, ECS/Kubernetes etc
- Good knowledge of scripting (i.e. Powershell), and/or Infrastructure as Code (JSON, YAML, HOCON)
- Thorough understanding of linux based environments as well as networking across both virtualised and non-virtualised environments
- You will be part of a forward-thinking team within one the fastest growing tech start-ups globally
- Apart from being in this fast-paced environment some of the perks on offer are fantastic. Especially for Cardiff!! The company offers shares, unlimited holidays, Flexi-Working Time, Healthcare, Pension, Fruit and Tea/Coffee, and training opportunities.
You can apply for this role by emailing a CV to [email protected] we look forward to hearing from you.